Children will know and talk about:
- Events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally (Titanic).
- The lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements. Some should be used to compare aspects of life in different periods (LS Lowry)
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality (Titanic).
- changes within living memory. Where appropriate, these should be used to reveal aspects of change in national life
- events beyond living memory.
§ significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.