Know and talk about:
- Changes within living memory – linked to how forms of transport have developed and changed to make travelling easier
- Events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally - the first aeroplane flight
- The lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements – Brunel, Stevenson, Ford, The Wright brothers.
Know and talk about
- The lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements: Barnardo and Lord Shaftesbury, Florence Nightingale, Mary Seacole and Edith Cavell.
- significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- use a wide vocabulary of everyday historical terms
- show an understanding of some of the ways in which we find out about the past and identify different ways in which it is represented
- ask and answer questions, choosing and using parts of stories and other sources to show that he/she knows and understands key features of events.
- speak about how she/he has found out about the past.