This content will be delivered through standalone PSHE lessons and will be revisited and embedded through out school days.
If you have any concerns regarding the content of our curriculum, please contact Miss Wilson (Assistant Head/Curriculum Lead).
We will always inform parents/carers 2 weeks prior to beginning lessons about puberty/sex education. We will also send a reminder the day before.
Being Me in My World - Puzzle 1
Through this unit, children will be encouraged to recognise their self-worth and their positive qualities. They will consider how to face new challenges with positivity. They will develop an understanding of how their actions can impact on others.
- I can name some of the responsible choices I make in school
- I can tell you who I can go to for help if I need it
- I can evaluate different choices that I or others make in school and can explain the consequences that there might be
- I can link these choices to the need for rules, rights and responsibilities
- I can explain why it is important to feel valued
Celebrating Differences - Puzzle 2
During this unit, children will revisit the theme of family and the fact that all families are different. They will consider things that may cause conflict between family members. We will revisit with children, who they can talk to if they witness violence, at home, in school or in their community.
- I can recognise a time when my words affected someone's feelings and I can explain the impact that my words had on my relationship with that person
- I can give and receive genuine compliments
- I understand what bullying is and what I can do to prevent it
Dreams and Goal - Puzzle 3
Children will learn about and discuss people who have faced difficulties and have overcome them to reach a goal.
- I am able to share my success and the difficulties I have faced
- I know how to store my feelings of success in my internal treasure chest
- I understand what the word budget means
- I understand the importance of saving
Healthy Me - Puzzle 4
- I can recognise things that are unsafe for me and tell you who I should go to for help if I feel unsafe
- I can express and respond appropriately to feelings of anxiety or fear
- I know how to make healthy life choices (exercise, screen time, diet, sleep etc.)
- I understand that some drugs can be helpful but others can cause harm
Relationships - Puzzle 5
Through this unit, children will consider different roles within families. They will consider some of the skills that are needed to maintain good friendships (good listening/turn taking). They will consider ways they can show their appreciation of family members and friends. Children will learn strategies for keeping safe online.
- I can explain how some of the actions and the work of people around the world help and influence my life
- I can explain how the things we buy affect the livelihood of others and the mutual responsibility that this brings
Changing Me - Puzzle 6
Through this unit, children will learn about changes from conception, including development within the uterus.
I will revisit my learning about boys' and girls' body parts from Year 1 and Year 2
- I can tell you some of the ways that boys' and girls' bodies change and that these changes are necessary to make babies (This will include menstruation. Boys and girls will be taught separately as this may make them feel more at ease to ask questions. All children will be taught the changes that both boys and girls experience.)
- I recognise how I feel about these changes happening to me and ways to cope with these feelings
- I know who I can talk to if my body isn't being respected by someone
- I know when it is appropriate to talk about my body parts
I will revisit my learning about how violence at home, in school and in the wider community is unacceptable and I can tell you what I should do if I witness violence